My Pepys-style diary entry

  • hughyeman
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2008
      My day yesterday seemed so well suited to a Pepys-style diary entry
      that I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Here it is.

      http://pondseeker.blogspot.com/2008/02/with-apologies-to-samuel-pepys.html

      It wasn't until this morning that I understood how wholly the language
      has changed over the centuries. Even with the ability to search Sam's
      entire diary in an instant, it was incredibly difficult to put
      together just a few words and have them come out sounding remotely
      authentic, let alone a whole sentence.

      -Hugh