Re: [pepysdiary] Praise for Phil Gyford

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 19, 2008
      Barbara,

      Thanks for being so attentive. Kudos to Phil (again)

      for showing how a book can be a blog

      (a possibility denied by the book under review in the LRB).

      >Hello everyone
      >
      >I noticed this in London Review of Books today:
      >
      >http://www.lrb.co.uk/v30/n02/jone01_.html
      >
      >Scroll down to fourth paragraph.
      >
      >Keep up the good work, Phil!
      >
      >Barbara
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • ewhitt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 19, 2008
        Interesting piece, and great PR for the site.
        I had to laugh, though, at the paragraph mentioning Phil, especially the line:  "It doesnÂ’t exactly not fit in here..."  Huh?
        Well - Hmmm - very 'bloglike' in my opinion.

        Elizabeth
        If the truth doesn't save us, what does that say about us?  Lois McMaster Bujold

        .

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 20, 2008
          Thanks Barbara! I meant to post that myself but have been feeling a
          bit under the weather, so keeping off email. I read the LRB myself,
          which makes it extra nice to be mentioned.