Re: [pepysdiary] NYTimes.com: Early Copy of Magna Carta on Sale in New York

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2007

      For those who think this is off-topic, the barons' revolt that resulted in the Magna Carta Libertatum, was provoked in part by war taxes.  We (landowners) are in for war taxes again in 1664.

      Also see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magna_Carta

      Terry

      At 02:40 PM 12/7/2007 -0600, you wrote:

      This page was sent to you by: terry.foreman@...

      NATIONAL   | December 7, 2007
      Early Copy of Magna Carta on Sale in New York
      By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
      The document, which Sotheby s vice chairman calls ' the most important document in the world, ' is expected to fetch a record $20-30 million.