Re: [pepysdiary] Re: Voting Crunch Time!

    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 10, 2007
      At 22:08 -0800 2007-11-09, Pauline Benson wrote:

      >I would be interested in knowing what we were up against--other that
      >the fact that Neil's blog is very popular. Are there statistics for
      >readership and page hits you can give us. I thought we were a
      >relatively small group making an impassioned show against a giant. And
      >I was proud of our round-the-globe strength.

      I've been intending to write a Site News post about statistics on the
      site for a while, so precise statistics can wait until then (soon!).

      Alexa is a handy guide to comparative popularity of sites - I've
      heard it can be very innacurate at times, but it's better than
      nothing. Here's a graph comparing the two sites:

      http://tinyurl.com/27x2xe

      I included McSweeney's, which was also listed, and I think that if
      they'd lowered themselves to link to the awards then they'd have
      given Gaiman a run for his money as they're also popular (I'm
      surprised Alexa suggests Gaiman is as popular as McSweeney's).

      >(And I still don't know what his blog is about.)

      I think it's just a website where he posts stuff about his writing
      and answers questions from fans. Which is fair enough.