Recent Annotations are back

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 3:43 AM
      You'll be pleased to know that the Recent Annotations page is back
      <http://www.pepysdiary.com/recent/>. It used to be re-built every
      time an annotation was posted, which might have been one of several
      factors contributing to the Internal Server Errors. The page is now
      built whenever the page is viewed which will take some load off
      Movable Type's comment-handling script (actually, the page is never
      built more than once every two minutes, so it may occasionally lag a
      minute or two behind).

      I think it's working correctly, but let me know if you notice
      anything particularly odd. Also, if there's anything about the page
      that could be improved, so it's a better quick overview of all that's
      happening on the site, do post below or to the new discussion group.

      http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2006/07/02/6476.php

      tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
      aim: philgyford