Re: [pepysdiary] The 2007 Weblog Awards

    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 2, 2007
      Oooo, glad you passed the word, rr. Pepys Diary is way behind!

      Here's that link unbroken by yahoo groups message software:

      http://2007.weblogawards.org/polls/best-literature-blog-1.php

      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 3, 2007
        But it's gaining on the others! C'mon everyone, let's do our part gain Phil at least some of the
        accolade he deserves...

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 3, 2007
          Votes can be made once per computer per 24 hours so if each of us
          enlists ten friends by sending a "broadcast" e-mail with a direct link ...

          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 3, 2007
            Good going folks - we were only on 3% or something 24 hours ago, and
            now on 8.7%! Keep it up :)

            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 3, 2007
              In double digits now! Go, Pepysians, go!!

              --- Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

              > Good going folks - we were only on 3% or something 24 hours ago, and
              > now on 8.7%! Keep it up :)
              >

              > At 17:09 +0000 2007-11-03, Michael Robinson wrote:
              > >Votes can be made once per computer per 24 hours so if each of us
              > >enlists ten friends by sending a "broadcast" e-mail with a direct link ...
              > >
              > >--- In pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com, Todd Bernhardt <beat_town@...> wrote:
              > >>
              > >> But it's gaining on the others! C'mon everyone, let's do our part
              > >gain Phil at least some of the
              > >> accolade he deserves...

              > >Yahoo! Groups Links

              > http://www.gyford.com/

            • Pauline Benson
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 4, 2007
                Let's win the Weblog Awards -- Best Literature

                For Phil and for Sam

                It looks like it's all about mustering arms/fans now--Neil just took a
                sprint ahead. Pile on all you friends, family and collegues in the
                name of Literature and Sam. Re-email your list daily that they can
                vote every 24-hours. Add to your list.

                http://2007.weblogawards.org/polls/best-literature-blog-1.php

                This is ours!
              • Jenny Doughty
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 5, 2007
                  We have 248 votes to go to catch up with Neil Gaiman's journal, and three days to do it in.

                  Jenny

                • Pauline Benson
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
                    Foggy good morning from Seattle!

                    Daily vote time:

                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
                      We're in second place now, but still a bit more than 12 points back. Get viral, everyone! Enlist
                      all your friends ... after all, in the U.S., it is Election Day...

                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
                        127 points behind! Get voting!

                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
                          Well, 406, but that's closer than it was 12 hours ago :)

                          At 07:24 +1000 2007-11-07, Susan Thomas wrote:
                          >127 points behind! Get voting!
                          >
                          >Todd Bernhardt wrote:
                          >>
                          >> We're in second place now, but still a bit more than 12 points back.
                          >> Get viral, everyone! Enlist
                          >> all your friends ... after all, in the U.S., it is Election Day...
                          >>
                          >> --- Pauline Benson <pauline.benson@...
                          >> <mailto:pauline.benson%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                          >>
                          >> > Foggy good morning from Seattle!
                          >> >
                          >> > Daily vote time:
                          >> >
                          >> > http://2007.weblogawards.org/polls/best-literature-blog-1.php
                          >> <http://2007.weblogawards.org/polls/best-literature-blog-1.php>

                        • Pauline Benson
                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 7, 2007
                            Voting ends on Thursday, November 8 at 10:00 pm GMT, 5:00 pm EST, 2:00
                            pm PST, etc.

                            Pepys' Diary has been making steady gains on the frontrunner, but not
                            at a rate that will close the gap in time unless we really get the
                            vote out in the next 18 hours.

                            At this time, we are 320 votes behind.

                            Don't forget to vote! And remind others to vote! And find others to vote!

                            http://2007.weblogawards.org/polls/best-literature-blog-1.php

                            Pass the link around. Voting is easy.

                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 7, 2007
                              We're less than 6 percentage points behind! Just a reminder, too, that you can vote from multiple
                              computers ... I'm voting from both of mine at home, as well as one at work...

                              --- Pauline Benson <pauline.benson@...> wrote:

                              > Voting ends on Thursday, November 8 at 10:00 pm GMT, 5:00 pm EST, 2:00
                              > pm PST, etc.
                              >
                              > Pepys' Diary has been making steady gains on the frontrunner, but not
                              > at a rate that will close the gap in time unless we really get the
                              > vote out in the next 18 hours.
                              >
                              > At this time, we are 320 votes behind.
                              >
                              > Don't forget to vote! And remind others to vote! And find others to vote!
                              >
                              > http://2007.weblogawards.org/polls/best-literature-blog-1.php
                              >
                              > Pass the link around. Voting is easy.
                              >
                              > On 11/6/07, Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:
                              > >

                              > > Well, 406, but that's closer than it was 12 hours ago :)
                              > >
                              > > At 07:24 +1000 2007-11-07, Susan Thomas wrote:
                              > > >127 points behind! Get voting!

                              > > http://2007.weblogawards.org/polls/best-literature-blog-1.php
                              > > >>
                              > > <http://2007.weblogawards.org/polls/best-literature-blog-1.php>

                              > > >Yahoo! Groups Links
                              > > >

                              > > --
                              > > Phil Gyford
                              > > http://www.gyford.com/

                            • Pauline Benson
                              Message 14 of 18 , Nov 7, 2007
                                Hello New Zealand, Australia, Singapore:

                                We turn this hair-raiser over to you. The voting site was overloaded
                                and hard to bring up all day, but we did our best. The gap dwindles,
                                but time runs out. From waking this morning on the US west coast to
                                315, we have closed the gap to 217.

                                http://2007.weblogawards.org/polls/best-literature-blog-1.php

                                Click and vote for Phil and Sam! Call in your chits and get your
                                friends to vote too.

                                On 11/7/07, Todd Bernhardt <beat_town@...> wrote:

                                > We're less than 6 percentage points behind! Just a reminder, too, that you
                                > can vote from multiple
                                > computers ... I'm voting from both of mine at home, as well as one at
                                > work...
                                >
                                > --- Pauline Benson <pauline.benson@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > > Voting ends on Thursday, November 8 at 10:00 pm GMT, 5:00 pm EST, 2:00
                                > > pm PST, etc.
                                > >
                                > > Pepys' Diary has been making steady gains on the frontrunner, but not
                                > > at a rate that will close the gap in time unless we really get the
                                > > vote out in the next 18 hours.
                                > >
                                > > At this time, we are 320 votes behind.
                                > >
                                > > Don't forget to vote! And remind others to vote! And find others to vote!
                                > >

                                > http://2007.weblogawards.org/polls/best-literature-blog-1.php
                                > >
                                > > Pass the link around. Voting is easy.
                                > >
                                > > On 11/6/07, Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:
                                > > >

                                > > > Well, 406, but that's closer than it was 12 hours ago :)

                                > http://2007.weblogawards.org/polls/best-literature-blog-1.php
                                > > > >>

                                > <http://2007.weblogawards.org/polls/best-literature-blog-1.php>

                                > and

                                > > > --
                                > > > Phil Gyford
                                > > > http://www.gyford.com/

                              • Pauline Benson
                                Message 15 of 18 , Nov 8, 2007
                                  The votes for Pepys' Diary are really coming in steady right now!

                                  48 votes to close the gap!

                                  http://2007.weblogawards.org/polls/best-literature-blog-1.php

                                  Now it's 37 votes -- coming in that fast.

                                  Keep it up!

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Nov 8, 2007
                                    We're ahead by 8 votes!!!

                                    Keep voting! We have 'til 10 p.m. GMT/5 p.m. EST/2 p.m. PST (not sure what Antipodean time that
                                    is!)

                                    --- Pauline Benson <pauline.benson@...> wrote:

                                    > Hello New Zealand, Australia, Singapore:
                                    >
                                    > We turn this hair-raiser over to you. The voting site was overloaded
                                    > and hard to bring up all day, but we did our best. The gap dwindles,
                                    > but time runs out. From waking this morning on the US west coast to
                                    > 315, we have closed the gap to 217.
                                    >
                                    > http://2007.weblogawards.org/polls/best-literature-blog-1.php
                                    >
                                    > Click and vote for Phil and Sam! Call in your chits and get your
                                    > friends to vote too.
                                  • Linda Faucheux
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Nov 8, 2007
                                      Polls are jammed and it's a long wait to vote, but what a thing of beauty to win this for Sam, who thought nothing of crossing the Thames twice a day, and for Phil, whose ingenuity is consistently amazing, and for all that this site means to all of us.  Linda F, New Orleans

                                      http://mail.yahoo.com