Re: [pepysdiary] Site News: Temperature and politics

  • dustrat@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2007

      Thanks for this great info, Phil and Terry!  I'm esp. interested in the temperature data for 1683 and 1684, as I'm interested in the Great Frost which began Dec. 15 1683 and ended Feb. 5 1684.  Does anyone happen to know of anything Pepys wrote during that period?  I've looked at his published correspondence with Evelyn, and there's nothing relevant.  It's almost incredible that he wouldn't have penned a line about coaches plying the frozen Thames, the Frost Fair on the river, etc.  to SOMEone.   Kit