Re: [pepysdiary] Sam and sleep patterns

  • Eccena@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2006
         Sam is still quite young. I think he's charged by his life and his work.

         He amazes me with how much, and far, he travels and gets accomplished
         between "betimes" and his midday dinner. Not many present day Londoners could cover a
         as much territory and make as many contacts as he does daily. No wonder he sleeps
         through sermons on Sunday.

         ( Please excuse present tense.)

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2006
        Susan, et al.
        I'm not sure there is evidence otherwise of siestas in the cooler northern
        Europe or its N American colonies before the industrial revolution. Most
        farmed anyway, and they made hay while the sun shone.

        Terry