The plot against Pepys

  • Barbara Howard
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 21, 2007
      I read this book review in today's Independent on Sunday:

      http://arts.independent.co.uk/books/reviews/article3076962.ece

      Barbara
    • Aroaldo De Araujo
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 21, 2007
        Extremelly interesting; many thanks              Aroaldo

      • dustrat@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 21, 2007

          I'm definitely going to get ahold of this book.  I'm planning to write a novel set in the same year (someday), though not featuring our Sam.  The TLS review said of this book that the documentation is so thorough it extends to the weather!  It must be a goldmine of sources.    Kit

        • George Robins
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 21, 2007
            Barbara Howard wrote:

            I read this book review in today's Independent on Sunday:

            http://arts. independent. co.uk/books/ reviews/article3 076962.ece

            Barbara

            I have just finished reading this book. It is a slightly heavy read but so well researched that anyone , like we that have an insight into Sam's world, will find it quite fascinating.
            I have no hesitation in recommending it, and after reading a loaned copy from Surrey Libraries, will still keep it on my wish list for a copy of my own.

            George R

            --
            Regards,  George Robins

            george@...

            Keep taking the pills.

            Virus Database (VPS): 000783-0, 21/10/2007
            Tested on: 21/10/2007 19:09:55

          • Eccena@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 21, 2007
                 I couldn't open the reference. What is the name of the book ?

               Thanks
              Ellen

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 22, 2007
                At 22:57 -0400 2007-10-21, Eccena@... wrote:
                > I couldn't open the reference. What is the name of the book ?

                "The plot against Pepys", also reviewed by Jeannine here:
                http://www.pepysdiary.com/indepth/archive/2007/08/16/the_plot_against_pe.php