Site disruption at the weekend

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 19, 2007
      http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2007/10/19/7977.php

      At some point this weekend, probably on Saturday afternoon, UK time,
      I'll be upgrading the software that powers this (and other) sites.
      This will mean that first I'll hide all the forms for posting
      annotations (so nothing is lost or broken in the switch-over) and
      then things might look a bit odd if I break something. Hopefully it
      won't take too long and I'll post here again when it's all up and
      running.

      (For those of you on this mailing list I'll send a message when I'm
      about to start the work so you can be sure when it is and isn't safe
      to post to the site.)

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2007
        Phil Gyford wrote:

        > http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2007/10/19/7977.php
        > <http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2007/10/19/7977.php>
        >
        > At some point this weekend, probably on Saturday afternoon, UK time,
        > I'll be upgrading the software that powers this (and other) sites.
        > This will mean that first I'll hide all the forms for posting
        > annotations (so nothing is lost or broken in the switch-over) and
        > then things might look a bit odd if I break something. Hopefully it
        > won't take too long and I'll post here again when it's all up and
        > running.
        >
        > (For those of you on this mailing list I'll send a message when I'm
        > about to start the work so you can be sure when it is and isn't safe
        > to post to the site.)

        > http://www.gyford.com/ <http://www.gyford.com/>

        Thank you Phil! All your efforts are much appreciated, even if we don't
        say so often enough!
        A.S.
      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 20, 2007
          I agree. This site is an amazing labor of love. I enjoy the reading
          every day, along with the wonderful annotations you allow. Thank you!
          Miss Lizzy

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 20, 2007
            No problem - in this case I'd be doing this software upgrade anyway,
            because the software also runs my own site.

            I'm about to start work on it now and can hopefully get it done
            before I go out later... stay tuned!

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 20, 2007
              It's nearly all done... the main diary pages seem to be working, and
              the Encyclopedia pages are rebuilding at the moment. I won't have
              time to rebuild the Site News section before I go out, so I won't be
              posting an update there (or enabling the comment forms there) until
              later.

              So, feel free to post annotations and use the site as usual. I expect
              there are some errors somewhere that I haven't noticed yet - do let
              me know if you spont something awry.

              Thanks,
              Phil