Jane Shore -Oxford Dictionary of National Biography

  • jeannine_kerwin
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2007
      For a few days there is free access to Jane's bio on ODNB at
      http://www.oxforddnb.com/public/lotw/3.html

      Sam has referred to her once or twice, most famously when he told us
      on 21 April 1662 that "He tells me how my Lady Duchess of Richmond and
      Castlemaine had a falling out the other day; and she calls the latter
      Jane Shore, and did hope to see her come to the same end that she did."
    • Richard Histon
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2007
        Thanks Jane. Just to point out that anyone with a library ticket in a
        major city should be able to access most of the Oxfords (full
        dictionary, this one, and others, including Britannica) from home by
        accessing the Oxford site and entering your library ticket number. Most
        cities seem to subscribe to this, and it is superb. All the major Oxford
        (and Cambridge if you go there) are there. If you don;t have a ticket
        you can access from your city library. Always go for the subscriber
        option, not the limited public one.

        For example the ODNB is here, ready to put your library card no. in

        http://www.oxforddnb.com/auth/login.jsp?url=%2Fsubscribed%2F

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2007
          Many apologies - Jeannine !

        • terry.foreman@murraystate.edu
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2007
            Richard,

            Some of us are in small USA towns whose public
            libraries don't work the way yours do.

            Terry