Kneller 'John Wallis' -- Pepys presentation to Oxford, 1702

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2007
      Photograph & lengthy cataloge note describing the commission and
      subsequent presentation to Oxford.

      http://www.odl.ox.ac.uk/oxfordportraits/portrait.php?q=hudson&t=C&p=0&w=88
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2007
        Interesting story, fine portrait. Thanks, Michael.

        Terry

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 21, 2007
          Michael Robinson wrote:

          > Photograph & lengthy cataloge note describing the commission and
          > subsequent presentation to Oxford.
          >
          > http://www.odl.ox.ac.uk/oxfordportraits/portrait.php?q=hudson&t=C&p=0&w=88
          > <http://www.odl.ox.ac.uk/oxfordportraits/portrait.php?q=hudson&t=C&p=0&w=88>

          Thank you,Michael, for this. The catalogue notes show that Sam, in
          later, years, displayed many of the same aspects of character we have
          come to know already in the Diary - his attention to detail, his
          persistence in following something through (even when in ill health as
          he was then), his concern that all should be done in the very best way,
          his interest in new methods and technology and desire that appropriate
          recognition be given to those deserving of it. We know how Sam has been
          studying mathematics diligently and we see from this that his love of
          the subject and respect for those who were masters of it remained
          throughout his life.