Re: Site maintenance finished

  • dirk_vandeputte
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2006
      Phil, we do appreciate everything you have been doing to make the
      site work -- but for me at least things are worse now than they were
      before.

      I find myself unable to post anything -- at least that's what it
      looks like while going through the procedure -- but when I check
      afterwards I find my annotation did go through everytime I clicked
      the button. Sorry for this mess.
      http://www.pepysdiary.com/archive/1663/06/29/#53418

      As for the "Recent Annotations" page, this was always the first page
      I went to (after reading the day's diary entry) to find out what was
      new -- so I miss it, but that can't be helped...

      --- In pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Gyford" <phil@...> wrote:

      > I've spent the evening trying to work out why "Internal Server
      Errors"
      > are generated so often when annotations are posted. I've tried
      > simplifying the templates Movable Type uses to generate the site's
      > pages, to the point of reverting to the software's default, very
      > simple, templates. Although I saw some improvement I was still
      seeing
      > errors around 10-20% of the time.
      >
      > I think that the Recent Annotations page was one of the bigger
      causes
      > of the problem, and for the moment that page won't be updating. I
      > realise this is annoying, and before long I may find a way of
      creating
      > this that doesn't impact on the comment-posting process.
      >
      > In the meantime, please be patient. I've posted a message to
      ProNet,