Site News: Reminder: Pepys meet-up (London and Boston), September 15th

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2007
      http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2007/09/09/7883.php

      Just a reminder of two meet-ups happening this coming Saturday 15th
      September, in London and Boston, coincidentally marking our half-way
      point through the diary. First, the London gathering, suggested by
      Glyn Thomas:

      > Every September, hundreds of buildings throughout the city that are
      >normally either closed to the public or charge an admission fee are
      >opened for free - it's become one of the city's most popular annual
      >events. This year London Open House weekend is on 15th and 16th
      >September, and details of the places that can be visited will be
      >published in mid-August. No doubt some of them will have a Pepysian
      >connection as, for example, in previous years these have included
      >the Government Treasury Offices on the site where Pepys once lived,
      >the Crypt of the Guildhall which has a stained glass window in his
      >memory, and Trinity House of which he was a director.

      > It seems a good time to hold the second of our "annual" Pepys
      >meetings, in this case at The Samuel Pepys in Stew Lane, 48 Upper
      >Thames Street, London, from 2pm on Saturday 15th September.

      The second was suggested by Carl in Boston and it sounds like several
      people are planning to meet:

      > You are all invited to a Boston Pepys Party on Sept 15, 2007 at Ye
      >Olde Union Oyster House, 2 PM to 4 PM, near Faneuil Hall in Boston,
      >Mass, USA. I will be there with a picture of Samuel Pepys at my
      >booth. I hope others will show up too. My cell phone is 781-521-4272
      >that we may further consult. This is my invention without knowing
      >anyone else, but I know you're out there with your ears on, good
      >buddies. We can salute Sam with raw oysters and ale, or other food
      >if you like, and discuss our favorite diarist.

      So there we go - I hope everyone attending both events has a wonderful time!

      (If you use Upcoming I've created events there, for London
      <http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/263718/> and Boston
      <http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/263720/>).