Re: [pepysdiary] Pepys meet-up, September 15th

  • Pauline Benson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2007
      Thank you, Phil, and you too, Todd.

      I too always imagined a Halfway Party in January 2008.  (Meet up at the Halfway House and take it from there?)

      Your suggestions are great, Todd. I hope there is interest and discussion.

      And it would serve as research and dress-rehearsal for something rather grand when we come to end of the diary.

      Pauline

      On 6/27/07, Todd Bernhardt <beat_town@...
      > wrote:

      Thanks for passing along this info, Phil. It sounds like a great time of year to get together,
      esp. with the building openings, etc. I won't be able to make it, because I will have just started
      a new job...

      ...HOWEVER -- it did prompt me to bring up something I've been considering for a while. This
      coming January will be (more or less) the halfway point in the Diary ... by then, we will have
      been at this for five years. (It hardly seems possible, doesn't it?)

      I was thinking that this could be a good time for annotators all over the world to meet in London,
      fete (phete?) Phil for all his Philanthropic efforts on our behalf, do Glyn's walks through
      London, maybe take a day trip to Cambridge/Brampton, and generally get together for a good time.
      Travel and lodging prices would be relatively cheap at that time of year, and with enough planning
      and discussion, perhaps we could get a large number of people there.

      What do you all think?
      -Todd