Re: [pepysdiary] Question about how you use the site...

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 28, 2006
      Yes, I use them, but not very often

      SCT

      >>> drbaby@... 29/06/2006 12:53:04 pm >>>
      Hi, Phil, I have always found them most helpful, often the first target when
      I open the page. Thanks for them! MJ

      > From: Phil Gyford <phil@...>
      > Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:12:57 +0100
      > To: pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [pepysdiary] Question about how you use the site...
      >
      > Hi,
      >
      > Here's a question for you - you know on pepysdiary.com we have that
      > list of Background Info categories on the right of every entry, on
      > the front page, archive pages, etc? Do you use those links?
      >
      > I ask just because they weren't there when the site launched, but
      > someone suggested they'd be useful to make new users aware of the
      > existence of the Background Info pages. And I'm wondering if those
      > links are still useful...? What do you think?
      >
      > Thanks,

      > http://www.gyford.com/

    • joe phelan
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 28, 2006
        Phil--
        I don't use those links too often, but I do like having them there,
        just in case. I don't know if I would miss them much if they were
        gone, though, since they all can still be found easily under
        "background info." Would there be any advantage in removing them?
        ---Joe Phelan

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 29, 2006
          At 23:53 -0700 2006-06-28, joe phelan wrote:
          >Phil--
          >I don't use those links too often, but I do like having them there,
          >just in case. I don't know if I would miss them much if they were
          >gone, though, since they all can still be found easily under
          >"background info." Would there be any advantage in removing them?

          I've just been thinking about other things that I'd like to add to
          pages and where they'd go. But it sounds like the links are useful so
          I won't be removing them!

          Thanks everyone,

          tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
          aim: philgyford