Re: [pepysdiary] Fwd: Balderdash and Piffle - fifth episode tonight at 10pm BBC2

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2007
      Why, Todd,

      Some 2 decades ago, after exposure to a divorce (not my own)with
      lawyer-devised nastiness, I coined a word for the damage lawyers do --
      nomikogenic, on the model of iatrogenic, the damage physicians do.. I'd not
      yet written the article to get it into print so I could join Samuel Pepys
      in the OED, but dutifully reported an occurrence of it I found online in
      the proceedings of a 2000 national symposium on justice in Canada.

      Terry
      aka Terry F