Re: [pepysdiary] Fwd: Balderdash and Piffle - fifth episode tonight at 10pm BBC2

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2007
      Why Terry, you scoundrel you, *what* new word did you send the OED, that they sent you notice of
      this particular episode...?

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2007
        Why, Todd,

        Some 2 decades ago, after exposure to a divorce (not my own)with
        lawyer-devised nastiness, I coined a word for the damage lawyers do --
        nomikogenic, on the model of iatrogenic, the damage physicians do.. I'd not
        yet written the article to get it into print so I could join Samuel Pepys
        in the OED, but dutifully reported an occurrence of it I found online in
        the proceedings of a 2000 national symposium on justice in Canada.

        Terry
        aka Terry F