Fwd: Balderdash and Piffle - fifth episode tonight at 10pm BBC2

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2007
      A few months ago I sent the OED a new word, and this was my reward.
      It's not as easy to collect it all in the US 55 miles from the confluence
      of the Mississippi and the Missouri rivers as it is for you who get BBC2 on
      locally.

      Terry (Terry F)

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2007
        Why Terry, you scoundrel you, *what* new word did you send the OED, that they sent you notice of
        this particular episode...?

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 15, 2007
          Why, Todd,

          Some 2 decades ago, after exposure to a divorce (not my own)with
          lawyer-devised nastiness, I coined a word for the damage lawyers do --
          nomikogenic, on the model of iatrogenic, the damage physicians do.. I'd not
          yet written the article to get it into print so I could join Samuel Pepys
          in the OED, but dutifully reported an occurrence of it I found online in
          the proceedings of a 2000 national symposium on justice in Canada.

          Terry
          aka Terry F