Re: [pepysdiary] Question about how you use the site...

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 28, 2006
      I use them to get to the background as often as I use the link to them at
      the top; but either one would suit..

      But my 2¢ are worth less than Todd's tuppence.

      Terry

      At 04:45 PM 6/28/2006 -0700, you wrote:
      >I find them a very convenient way of quickly getting to the background
      >pages. I'd like to keep
      >them there, especially since we never know when new users will visit the
      >site, and it does help
      >them see its depth.
      >
      >My tuppence,
      >Todd
      >
      >--- Phil Gyford <phil@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Here's a question for you - you know on pepysdiary.com we have that
      > > list of Background Info categories on the right of every entry, on
      > > the front page, archive pages, etc? Do you use those links?
      > >
      > > I ask just because they weren't there when the site launched, but
      > > someone suggested they'd be useful to make new users aware of the
      > > existence of the Background Info pages. And I'm wondering if those
      > > links are still useful...? What do you think?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Phil
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Marjorie Howard Johnson
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 28, 2006
        Hi, Phil, I have always found them most helpful, often the first target when
        I open the page. Thanks for them! MJ

        > From: Phil Gyford <phil@...>
        > Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:12:57 +0100
        > To: pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [pepysdiary] Question about how you use the site...
        >
        > Hi,
        >
        > Here's a question for you - you know on pepysdiary.com we have that
        > list of Background Info categories on the right of every entry, on
        > the front page, archive pages, etc? Do you use those links?
        >
        > I ask just because they weren't there when the site launched, but
        > someone suggested they'd be useful to make new users aware of the
        > existence of the Background Info pages. And I'm wondering if those
        > links are still useful...? What do you think?
        >
        > Thanks,

        > http://www.gyford.com/

      • dirk_vandeputte
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 28, 2006
          Yes!!! Very useful. Please keep them.

        • SusannaG@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 28, 2006
            Yes, I use the Background Information links.  I find them very useful on occasion.

            Susanna
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 28, 2006
              Yes, I use them, but not very often

              SCT

              >>> drbaby@... 29/06/2006 12:53:04 pm >>>
              Hi, Phil, I have always found them most helpful, often the first target when
              I open the page. Thanks for them! MJ

              > From: Phil Gyford <phil@...>
              > Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:12:57 +0100
              > To: pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [pepysdiary] Question about how you use the site...
              >
              > Hi,
              >
              > Here's a question for you - you know on pepysdiary.com we have that
              > list of Background Info categories on the right of every entry, on
              > the front page, archive pages, etc? Do you use those links?
              >
              > I ask just because they weren't there when the site launched, but
              > someone suggested they'd be useful to make new users aware of the
              > existence of the Background Info pages. And I'm wondering if those
              > links are still useful...? What do you think?
              >
              > Thanks,

              > http://www.gyford.com/

            • joe phelan
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 28, 2006
                Phil--
                I don't use those links too often, but I do like having them there,
                just in case. I don't know if I would miss them much if they were
                gone, though, since they all can still be found easily under
                "background info." Would there be any advantage in removing them?
                ---Joe Phelan

                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 29, 2006
                  At 23:53 -0700 2006-06-28, joe phelan wrote:
                  >Phil--
                  >I don't use those links too often, but I do like having them there,
                  >just in case. I don't know if I would miss them much if they were
                  >gone, though, since they all can still be found easily under
                  >"background info." Would there be any advantage in removing them?

                  I've just been thinking about other things that I'd like to add to
                  pages and where they'd go. But it sounds like the links are useful so
                  I won't be removing them!

                  Thanks everyone,

                  tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
                  aim: philgyford