Annotator's links

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2007
      It's been pointed out to me that the display of annotator's names is
      different to how it used to be -- they used to link to the
      annotator's website, if they enter an address, otherwise the link was
      the annotator's email address.

      Now the names only link to the website, and if no website address is
      present, there is no link, just the name.

      I changed this just because it's the standard way of doing things in
      Movable Type templates these days, and didn't really give it much
      thought. Before I change it I thought I'd check with you all what you
      prefer - the old way or the current way? If you'd like the email
      links back I'll gladly change it! Let me know.

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2007
        Phil,

        A vote for the old way.

        It has fostered email between/amongst annotators.

        Glad there are still options!

        Terry F

        At 06:33 PM 3/3/2007 +0000, you wrote:
        >It's been pointed out to me that the display of annotator's names is
        >different to how it used to be -- they used to link to the
        >annotator's website, if they enter an address, otherwise the link was
        >the annotator's email address.
        >
        >Now the names only link to the website, and if no website address is
        >present, there is no link, just the name.
        >
        >I changed this just because it's the standard way of doing things in
        >Movable Type templates these days, and didn't really give it much
        >thought. Before I change it I thought I'd check with you all what you
        >prefer - the old way or the current way? If you'd like the email
        >links back I'll gladly change it! Let me know.
        >

        >--
        >Phil Gyford
        >http://www.gyford.com/

      • Jenny Doughty
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2007
          Personally, I like having the email link there. I've 'met' some very nice people (you know who you are) that way.

          Jenny
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 3, 2007
            A second vote for the old way.

          • Eccena@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 3, 2007
                I also like the links.

                     Ellen

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 3, 2007
                ** High Priority **

                Yes, please can we have email links back! You may great friends! And can carry on discussions off-site so to speak.

                Australian Susan

                Susan Thomas
                for
                Emphron Informatics Pty. Ltd.

                (07) 3378 7344
                0411 094 688

                >>> jmdought@... 4/03/2007 6:24 am >>>

              • Laadams@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 4, 2007
                  I also would like it the old way please Phil, hope that doesn't give you a head ache, Lawrence Adams...
                • SusannaG@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 4, 2007
                    Put me down as being in favor of email links, Phil.

                    Susanna