Re: [pepysdiary] Site News: New design launched

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3 12:50 AM
      Yes, Alan let me know if the fix below works or not for you -
      browsers have a habit of storing the old version of the stylesheet
      (which tells the page what it should look like), and it sounds like
      this is happening to you.

      Phil

      At 01:19 -0500 2007-03-03, Michael Robinson wrote:
      Alan:

      Had the same problem as you with my Firefox.

      Phil posted a 'fix" -- which I first found using IE, alas! - which
      worked for me.

      *********

      <http://www.pepysdiary.com/>Phil Gyford on Fri 2 Mar 2007,
      <http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2007/03/02/7343.php#> 11:58pm

      Hmm, the first thing I can think of that might be causing problems is
      if your browser has cached the stylesheet for the old site.

      Go to this URL and then click the Refresh/Reload button in your
      browser: <http://www.pepysdiary.com/style/default/global.css>
      http://www.pepysdiary.com/style/default/global.css

      Then try viewing the site again.

      *******

      Best,

      Michael Robinson

      On 3/2/07, Alan Bedford
      <<mailto:moonlgt@...>moonlgt@...> wrote:

      And a mighty handsome design it is, Phil. Unless you're using Firefox,
      which loses all the art and the layout. The annotations are unreadable
      in Firefox also.

      Looks okay in IE, though. As an old guy, I'd like a slightly larger
      type face, although not as large as IE's "Larger".

      Alan Bedford

      Gray Court SC

      mailto:<mailto:moonlgt%40mindspring.com>moonlgt@...

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3 12:54 AM
        At 22:22 -0500 2007-03-02, Alan Bedford wrote:

        >Looks okay in IE, though. As an old guy, I'd like a slightly larger
        >type face, although not as large as IE's "Larger".

        If many people find the text too small to read comfortably I'll look
        into changing it.

        For what it's worth, the diary entries used to be in text 14.4 pixels
        high and they're now 13 pixels.

        Annotations are exactly the same size as they were before, 12 pixels,
        but look slightly larger than they were due to a change in font.