Another Old Diary Blogged

  • dh98765
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2007
      Hello All!
      I am a huge fan of the Pepys blog and have it as my homepage. This
      has prompted me to also blog another old diary which takes place in
      England from 1841 to 1882:
      http://ladylucycavendish.blogspot.com/

      This is not nearly as elegant and organized as the Pepys blog; I try
      to add a few entries every week and am about one-fourth of the way
      through the diary.

      I live in a suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota. I found a copy of the
      2-volume "Diary of Lady Frederick Cavendish" at a used bookstore for
      $3. The diary was published in 1927 so I think the copyright expired
      in 1999.

      My apologies if this post is not appropriate for this group. I just
      thought some of you might be interested.

      Thanks!
      Denise
    • Peter Easton
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2007
        I think it looks very professional. I like the aged look of the pages,
        and very well laid out. I will have a read. Good luck with it. You
        should be able to get some word scanning software to save you typing it
        all in (which is what I understand you to be doing).

        Peter
      • Denise H
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 19, 2007
          Hi, Thanks for the nice comments. I've actually scanned the whole thing into Word documents, after typing the first several pages proved too tedious. I copy a few entries at a time up to Blogger.  Now I'm motivated to keep at it more regularly, rather than let it sit for weeks at a time.
          Thanks again,
          Denise

          Peter Easton <eastonph@...> wrote:
          I think it looks very professional. I like the aged look of the pages,
          and very well laid out. I will have a read. Good luck with it. You
          should be able to get some word scanning software to save you typing it
          all in (which is what I understand you to be doing).

          Peter

          Finding fabulous fares is fun.