RE: [pepysdiary] Re: Is this a 'new' painting of Pepys?

  • Jenny Doughty
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
      Would he, necessarily, if it had been painted some years before the diary begins? The man in the picture looks quite young.

    • Eccena@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
           Sam's lips are much fuller in the portrait we know and the widest part of his face is in the upper cheek rather than the jowl area.

           I think it's close but no cigar.

          Ellen