Expertise needed regarding Online versions of Pepys Diary?

  • adderburymanor
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2006
      Hello all! I am looking for primary resources on the 17th Century
      Restoration Court, and of course Pepys Diary comes up nearly first on
      any list! I was wondering if you here, who seem so familar with the
      work could recommend on line versions that you feel are the most
      complete? There seem to be a number of them and I am not far enough
      into my research to be able to distinguish which is most accurate yet.
      I would welcome any recommendations you have!

      Thanks for lending your expertise!
      Adderbury
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2006
        Adderbury,

        The versions of the Diary are here
        http://www.pepysdiary.com/p/2429.php

        The version used by Phil Gyford for the Diary blog is Wheatley's, which is
        fine, esp if supplemented by http://www.pepys.info/bits.html

        The current critical version is by Latham and Matthews (L&M) and can be
        accessed for the most part via Google Print: see
        http://www.pepysdiary.com/p/2429.php#39368

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2006
          ** High Priority **

          Adderbury - just a bit to add to what Terry has said: if you are outside the USA, Google Print will possibly/probably not work (it doesn't in Australia) because of copyright laws.
          Welcome to the 1660's!
          Australian Susan

          >>> terry.foreman@... 10/12/2006 7:02 am >>>