Thanks All!

  • plaguey1
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2013
      .. and hello Gillian! Fellow Restoration nut and author!
      Really appreciate all the comments and links. Given me lots to think about.
      And thanks Eric. I will certainly join the Evelyn group also.
      Now - anyone know where I can get the best PRINTED map of Restoration London- pre Fire? Prefer a hard copy to internet (My writing hut doesn't have internet!) As much detail as possible - streets, alleys etc.
      Thanks in anticipation.
      Chris
    • gillianbagwell
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2013
        Chris,

        See if you can find "The A-Z of Restoration London." It's Ogilby & Morgan's 1676 map laid out on gridded squares like a modern A-Z.

        I bought mine at the British Library book shop. It was published in 1992 by Harry Margary, Lympne Castle, Kent in association with the Guildhall Library, London.

        There is one on Amazon for $44.95, and there are more on Amazon.co.uk, Abebooks.com, etc.

        I found it useful for "Darling Strumpet." There ia also an Elizabethan era one, and I think also 18th century and Victorian versions as well.