Re: [pepysdiary] Searching For Sex

  • Eccena@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 10, 2006
           How did this happen?
    • Shawn Laasch
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10, 2006
        I'm a moderator on another Yahoo Group, and I have to deal with this kind of thing all the time.  It usually happens in my unmoderated section, and the most you can do is remove and ban the author.  Yahoo's still trying to learn how to detect spam and they are a huge target.  I'm impressed it hasn't happened earlier.

        On 9/10/06, Eccena@... < Eccena@...> wrote:

             How did this happen?

        --
        Visit http://laasch.net for design and development needs.
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 10, 2006
          ** Low Priority **

          Maybe we should forward it to Sam?

          >>> shawn.laasch@... 11/09/2006 2:25 am >>>

          --
          Visit http://laasch.net for design and development needs.
        • laurasu11ivan
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 10, 2006
            I thought the same thing! Of course that messge is just icky, but on
            certain days in the diary, this sort of thing wouldn't be
            considered "off topic" would it!!

            --- In pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Thomas" <susan.thomas@...>
            wrote:

            > ** Low Priority **
            >
            > Maybe we should forward it to Sam?

            > I'm a moderator on another Yahoo Group, and I have to deal with
            this kind of
            > thing all the time. It usually happens in my unmoderated section,
            and the
            > most you can do is remove and ban the author. Yahoo's still
            trying to learn
            > how to detect spam and they are a huge target. I'm impressed it
            hasn't
            > happened earlier.
            >
            > On 9/10/06, Eccena@... <Eccena@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > How did this happen?
            > >

            > --
            > Visit http://laasch.net for design and development needs.

          • Todd Bernhardt
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 10, 2006
              :^D I bet he'd appreciate the alternative to Betty Lane!

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 10, 2006
                ** Low Priority **

                I think this person sounds a bit too scary for Sam - propositioned like that, I think he'd scurry away

                >>> beat_town@... 11/09/2006 11:09 am >>>