Site News: Annotations can be posted again

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2013
      Annotations can be posted again

      It’s taken longer than I hoped, but it’s now possible to post annotations/comments again.

      The process is slightly different to before — you’ll now have to create an account on this site before you can post annotations. Hopefully that’s a simple process, and once done it’s easier than ever to post annotations, once you’re logged in.

      I’ve done this for a couple of reasons. First, it will hopefully make it easier to block spammers, or stop them posting at all. We’ll have to see how that goes, and if we get spam problems I may end up switching things off again until I can work out a better solution.

      Second, it’s now possible to do things like see all of the annotations posted by a person. For example, here’s my page <http://www.pepysdiary.com/account/profile/1/>. It currently only shows the most recent annotations, but that may be expanded in future.

      If you’ve posted annotations before, and would like your old annotations to be associated with your new account, let me know. <phil@...> I’ll probably do this anyway for some people when I get a chance.

      The Recent Activity page has also returned, currently just the same as before. <http://www.pepysdiary.com/recent/>

      Let’s see how this goes… I may have to switch annotations off if there are any problems with performance, or strange errors, but hopefully it’ll be OK. It’ll be nice to have the conversation back again; it’s been too quiet around here!