Henry VIII wine cellar

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2013
      I thought you might enjoy this... Henry VIII's wine cellar, originally part of the Whitehall Palace that Pepys would have known, still exists, underneath the Ministry of Defence. Although it has been moved (yes, the entire underground cellar!):

      http://www.ediblegeography.com/the-last-places/

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2013
        Amazing!!  Thanks for sharing, Phil.

        I thought you might enjoy this... Henry VIII's wine cellar, originally part of the Whitehall Palace that Pepys would have known, still exists, underneath the Ministry of Defence. Although it has been moved (yes, the entire underground cellar!):

        http://www.ediblegeography.com/the-last-places/

      • Jenny Doughty
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 27, 2013
          Yes, thanks from me too – and that is a fabulous website in general so I am happily browsing it.

          Jenny

          From: Todd Bernhardt <beat_town@...>
          Date: Sunday, January 27, 2013 11:17 AM
          To: <pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com>