Re: [pepysdiary] Google Maps in the Encyclopedia

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 9, 2006
      Both links work fine for me w/Firefox. I get an error in IE where it loads the map, but errors out
      in trying to show the annotations. Interesting, since IE is usually the more "forgiving"
      browser...

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 11, 2006
        At 16:34 -0700 2006-09-09, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
        >Both links work fine for me w/Firefox. I get an error in IE where it
        >loads the map, but errors out
        >in trying to show the annotations.

        Thanks folks - there does seem to be a problem with Windows Internet
        Explorer, which I'm looking into fixing... more updates as I have
        them!

        >Interesting, since IE is usually the more "forgiving"
        >browser...

        You've obviously had a very different experience with it to me :)

        tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
        aim: philgyford
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 11, 2006
          At 09:16 +0100 2006-09-11, Phil Gyford wrote:
          >At 16:34 -0700 2006-09-09, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
          >>Both links work fine for me w/Firefox. I get an error in IE where it
          >>loads the map, but errors out
          >>in trying to show the annotations.
          >
          >Thanks folks - there does seem to be a problem with Windows Internet
          >Explorer, which I'm looking into fixing... more updates as I have
          >them!

          OK, I think it's working now... http://www.pepysdiary.com/p/167.php

          How's that?

          tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
          aim: philgyford
        • Laura Sullivan
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 11, 2006
            Aha, it works! Thank you, Phil.

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 11, 2006
              Yep, works for me too! Splendid work, Mr. Gyford.

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 11, 2006
                Works for me too with IE. And I'm told IE isn't ISO-compliant.

                Great work, Phil.

                Terry