An invitation to join the evelyndiary Yahoo Group

  • EvelynDiary
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2013
      Hello Everybody,

      If you are not already a member of the evelyndiary Yahoo Group you are cordially invited to join us.
      You can join by going to the John Evelyn Diary website
      http://way-mark.co.uk/bygonedays/evelyn/diary/166/history6.htm
      and clicking on the "Yahpp Groups Join Now" button will will take you to the evelydiary Yahoo Group enrolment form - I hope to see you on the group soon.

      As an existing member of the pepysdiary Yahoo Group you will be aware that there is a commonality of interest in the era covered by the two diaries (Pepys Diary and Evelyn Diary). It is my belief that your membership of both groups would provide further background of the 'before and after' periods as well as a comparison of the two different people (Pepys and Evelyn) in their two very varied walks of life.

      I would also like to point out that during the current "Pepys-Diary-cycle" the 400th anniversary of the birth of John Evelyn will occur. This quad-centenary, on the 31st of October, 2020, (alas, a Thursday and not a Tuesday - which would have been nice), might generate enough interest for a really worthy set of shindigs and other celebrations to mark the event. Whilst Pepys was a Cambridge man, Evelyn went to Oxford - that did not stop them from being great friends.

      In friendship,
      Eric.

      Eric Soons.
      The Evelyn Diary web pages.