Samuel Pepys, The Year of Peril, by Arthur Bryant, 1947

  • pepyspal
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2012
      I followed a small footnote in the above book (Arthur Bryant, 1947). He refers to Col. John Scott, one of Pepys accusers. There is a book at www.pmlib.org/Historical600-LI

      Scott, John

      Abbott, Wilbur Cortez. "Colonel" John Scott of Long Island, 1634(?)-1696 [full-text]. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 1918 (Patchogue-Medford Library. Celia M. Hastings Local History Room
      Indomitable John Scott: Citizen of Long Island, 1632-1704, by Lilian T. Mowrer (1960) (Internet Archive)

      The entire book is available online.

      I can't find any reference to Scott's wife mentioned in a footnote on page 283 of Bryant's book. Rawl's MSS was the source.

      I have asked the Southampton Historical Society to help trace the Scott family and the Reyner family.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2012
        Abbott online http://archive.org/details/coloneljohnscott00abbo

        Mowrer online http://archive.org/details/indomitablejohns031164mbp

        On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:44 AM, pepyspal <pepyspal@...> wrote:
        I followed a small footnote in the above book (Arthur Bryant, 1947).   He refers to Col. John Scott, one of Pepys accusers.  There is a book at www.pmlib.org/Historical600-LI

        Scott, John

            Abbott, Wilbur Cortez.  "Colonel" John Scott of Long Island, 1634(?)-1696 [full-text]. New Haven, CT:  Yale University Press, 1918  (Patchogue-Medford Library.  Celia M. Hastings Local History Room
            Indomitable John Scott:  Citizen of Long Island, 1632-1704, by Lilian T. Mowrer (1960)  (Internet Archive)

        The entire book is available online.

        I can't find any reference to Scott's wife mentioned in a footnote on page 283 of Bryant's book.  Rawl's MSS was the source.

        I have asked the Southampton Historical Society to help trace the Scott family and the Reyner family.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)