Re: [pepysdiary] 17th century shipwreck to be freeze-dried, rebuilt

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2012
      What a fascinating story! And what a wonderful exhibit this is going to be. I have just been reading  book about the failed colony on Roanoke Island, NC - it was so easy for so much to go wrong in those days.

      On 16 August 2012 04:53, terry foreman <terry.foreman@...> wrote:

      BRYAN, Texas (AP) — More than three centuries ago, a French explorer's ship sank in the Gulf of Mexico,

      taking with it France's hopes of colonizing a vast piece of the New World — modern-day Texas.

      Like La Salle in 1685, researchers at Texas A&M University are in uncharted waters as they try to reconstruct

      his vessel with a gigantic freeze-dryer, the first undertaking of its size.

      http://news.yahoo.com/17th-century-shipwreck-freeze-dried-rebuilt-071126484.html

      --
      Kind regards,

      Susan Thomas

      Emphron Informatics
      Level 3 88 Jephson St
      TOOWONG
      QLD 4066

      Office: +61 7 3503 1765
      Mobile: 0411 094 688
      Fax: +61 7 3318 7677

      Legal Notice: This electronic mail and its attachments are intended solely for the person(s) to whom they are addressed and contain information, which is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure, except for the purpose for which they are intended. Dissemination, distribution, or reproduction by anyone other than the intended recipients is prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and return the electronic mail and its attachments and destroy any copies, which may be in your possession. By reading this communication, the recipient(s) have accepted that it is confidential and NOT subject to any form of public disclosure. Nothing in this communication is intended to operate as an electronic signature under applicable law. The company screens electronic mails for viruses but does not warrant that this electronic mail is free of any viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this electronic mail.

    • MARY
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 16, 2012
        um, remember the Mars probe that crashed b/c the guy responsible for calculating the landing co-ords did so in Imperial, but the rest of the project crew were operating in metric?

        pretty easy to screw it up now, too

        Mary