Re: [pepysdiary] That 'Other Diary' - Evelyn.

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15 7:16 AM
      Eric,

      What an overwhelming piece of work: it will be a welcome read -- filling the Pepys-hole in my days!

      Congratulations on the 900-page mark!

      Terry Foreman

      On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 4:25 AM, Eric Mills <ericmills1936@...> wrote:

      Hello Everybody,

      I have been beavering away at the "Evelyn Diary" and have completed more than 900 pages (a page per day format) ... still a long way to go - I suspect about a quarter or a third of the way through.

      The good news is, that it is (As Is) on line at:
      hughyeman.com/evelyn - Thank You Very Much Hugh Yeman !
      and that the Evelyn/Pepys overlap diary dates (Venn Diagram of community of Evelyn/Pepys-mentions)is now functional. viz., any Evelyn date in the Pepys Diary time-slot has a date-aware link to the relevant page in Pepys Diary so you can see what was happening over there.

      As you will appreciate, the 85-year range of the Diary is a biggish project and, whilst I think I've done quite well so far, I think it is time to call out for help from those willing and able.

      There is a (complicated) link on the pages:
      Using the Drop-down menu select:
      Start/Contacts/Options/By Form - see if you are still interested and click on the 'Here' link to the web-form.

      If, on the other hand, you are wanting to congratulate, castigate or say 'Well done, oh, faithful servant' then click on the email icon at the top left-hand corner of any page.

      One of the reasons I am opening the project up on an 'As Is' basis is that any fixable problems can be fixed before the number of files gets into the 1,000+ range (I know, I'm a wimpish chicken but that's the way it is.)

      Hope to hear from you.

      In friendship,
      Eric.

      In friendship,