Re: [pepysdiary] Re: How old is Samuel Pepys in this image?

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2006
      Laura,

      It looks like the you've ID's the original. Thanks very much.

      Is yours posted to Flickr?

      http://www.flickr.com/groups/pepysdiary/

      So far I haven't found it.

      Thanks,

      Terry

    • mfrassociates@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2006
        Terry:

        If its any help the image you enquired about appears to be a steel engraving, probably executed circa 1840 (plus or minus 10 years) and, from the size of the background hatching,  blown up about 2-3 x along each dimension.  From Laura's info would seem that the Kneller (or a secondary derivative image) was the source of the engraving.

        Hope this persiflage of use.

        Michael Robinson

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006
          Michael Robinson,

          You are expert in this field (as your annotations have shown), and these details bring the hammer down.

          Thanks much,

          Terry