Re: [pepysdiary] Site News: Family Tree v3

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2012
      Many thanks, Phil! Great work as usual. The fashion for naming eldest sons the same for generation after generation plays havoc with amateur genealogists - my sister did one thread of our family tree and got very confused with endless William Garbutts throughout the 19th and 18th centuries!

      On 5 July 2012 21:15, Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

      Family Tree v3

      I’ve give the the family tree <http://www.pepysdiary.com/background/familytree/> a probably final update. I’d been planning to give it a tweak — filling in some of the post-diary dates, and adding a couple of people who appeared late in the diary — but I’ve also now added a lot more Montagus. There’s now a new chunk featuring the eminent family, Pepys’s distant relations, on the right-hand end. It’s quite a confusing family — there are several Edward Montagus for example — so having them displayed like this helps make things clearer!

      Kind regards,

      Susan Thomas

      Emphron Informatics
      Level 3 88 Jephson St
      TOOWONG
      QLD 4066

      Office: +61 7 3503 1765
      Mobile: 0411 094 688
      Fax: +61 7 3318 7677

      Legal Notice: This electronic mail and its attachments are intended solely for the person(s) to whom they are addressed and contain information, which is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure, except for the purpose for which they are intended. Dissemination, distribution, or reproduction by anyone other than the intended recipients is prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and return the electronic mail and its attachments and destroy any copies, which may be in your possession. By reading this communication, the recipient(s) have accepted that it is confidential and NOT subject to any form of public disclosure. Nothing in this communication is intended to operate as an electronic signature under applicable law. The company screens electronic mails for viruses but does not warrant that this electronic mail is free of any viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this electronic mail.