Site News: Thursday's entry will appear two hours earlier

    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2012
      Thursday's entry will appear two hours earlier

      Usually diary entries appear at 11pm UK time, sort of simulating the idea that Pepys wrote it at the end of his day. I'm loath to break with this near decade-long tradition, but Thursday's entry will appear two hours early, at 9pm UK time. This is so that readers in the UK are more likely to be able to read it "live", should they wish to do so. I hope this doesn't spoil the routine of anyone too much!

    • Richard Histon
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2012
        This has already been said Phil, but I can't tell you how much all this work is appreciated. What you've actually achieved, apart from bringing a lot of people to Pepys, is a historic thing in itself. I am sure the site (with the help of the various internet archive/wayback sites) - whether you want it or not - is now very well-thought of both academically and for enjoyment. Therefore you will always be remembered, just as other high-achievers are.

        Richard.

        On 29/05/2012 17:04, Phil Gyford wrote:
        Thursday's entry will appear two hours earlier

        Usually diary entries appear at 11pm UK time, sort of simulating the idea that Pepys wrote it at the end of his day. I'm loath to break with this near decade-long tradition, but Thursday's entry will appear two hours early, at 9pm UK time. This is so that readers in the UK are more likely to be able to read it "live", should they wish to do so. I hope this doesn't spoil the routine of anyone too much!

      • Carol Dukes
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2012

          On behalf of lurkers everywhere, can I add my huge thanks to Phil and the other contributors.  I haven’t contributed anything to the project but I do so appreciate the sheer quantity of work, the attention to detail, and the good-spirited nature of the whole enterprise – and I’ve learnt an enormous amount.

          Personally I think Phil should get an OBE (or a knighthood) for services to history / literature / new media.  I haven’t come across a blog that comes close.

          Carol Dukes

          Message 4 of 4 , May 31, 2012
            Damn skippy! Phil has done a remarkable service & has inspired all of us.

            Regards,
            Mary