Re: [pepysdiary] Site News: What are your favourite diary moments?

  • IAN GREENWOOD
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23 12:13 PM
      "Mr Isaacke Houblon - that handsome man - prettily dressed and dirty at his door in Dowgate..." (2.9.66)  A nice alliteration on a desperate day. I've often wandered down Dowgate and tried to imagine the scene. But there are so many: from 1665 good Dr Burnett; the coachman at Holborn who can go no further; Proctor the Islington vintner who put on great entertainments, the poor ale-seller at Westminster Hall who lost all his family. Where to stop?

      Message 2 of 4 , May 24 10:00 AM
        Any chance you'll be reposting the diary entries from the beginning, Phil? Or is that just too much to hope for?! I'd like a second chance to follow along from the start.
        Message 3 of 4 , May 24 11:22 AM
          Gillian,

          Does this answer your question?

          http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2012/01/03/13186.php

          On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 12:00 PM, gillianbagwell <nellgwynn54@...> wrote:
          Any chance you'll be reposting the diary entries from the beginning, Phil? Or is that just too much to hope for?! I'd like a second chance to follow along from the start.

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)