Site News: Pepys Commemoration Service, 25 May

    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2012
      Pepys Commemoration Service, 25 May

      This coming Friday, 25 May, there's a commemoration service at noon at St Olave's church <(http://www.sanctuaryinthecity.net/Pepys-and-Faith-%E2%80%93-Annual-Pepys-Commemoration-%E2%80%93-25-May-2012-at-12-noon-News.htm>:

      ----
      "Since 1927 (allowing for some years' interruption following the catastrophic bombing of April 1941) St Olave's has held an annual service to commemorate its most illustrious former parishioner, Samuel Pepys. The service is organised in association with The Samuel Pepys Club.

      The service traditionally features an address on aspects of Pepys, his life and times and the church has been honoured to welcome a number of extremely fine speakers over the years.

      This year we will be pleased to have with us Prof. Peter McCullough of Oxford University, who will speaking on the subject “Pepys and Faith”. This is a subject which we have wanted to address for a number of years and are very glad that Prof. McCullough has been able to accept our invitation on this occasion."
      ----

      It is apparently open to anyone who wishes to go, so do pop along if you're in town and nearby!

      Thanks to Glyn Thomas and Peter Easton for this.

    • IAN GREENWOOD
      Message 2 of 2 , May 20, 2012
        Friday at noon is only going to get a rather narrow demographic - i.e. retired gentlefolk, and those who work within a few minutes' walk. What a pity.