Photos of last year's Pepys' 378th birthday in Upperville, VA

    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2012
      January 19 2011, this was posted on the the Pepysdiary.com web-site:

      http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2011/01/19/12080.php

      Celebrate Pepys' 378th birthday in Upperville, VA

      Andrew Hamilton writes about a meeting in March…

      Thanks to Michael Robinson, we have arranged March 13 at 5 PM at the Hunter’s Head [Tavern] in Upperville, Va., as a time and place to celebrate Sam’s 378th birthday. So far Todd Bernhardt and wife and Rex Gordon have accepted, along with several of my family, Michael and myself. We cordially invite other Pepysians to join us in a venison pasty and a toast to Sam. RSVP to Andrew Hamilton at jahamiltonjr@... before Feb. 23 so we can be sure of adequate provender.

      So, if you’re able to get there, drop Andrew a line!

      -------------

      In the event, Michael, Andrew and I were there, along with a hearty handful of non-posting Pepysians and friends.

      The plan was for Andrew to Skype Phil in the UK so Phil could join us electronically.  Turned out the WiFi signal where we were was insufficient for that, but Andrew and Phil did exchange several emails.

      It was, in any case, about the meal together and the fellowship afterwards.

      Here are pics of the Hunter's Head Tavern and the meal, courtesy of Merry Bruns–Bray, the photographer.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/91961077@N00/with/7142770003/

      There were toasts to Sam and Phil and there were other toasts!

      Terry Foreman
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2012
        What a good-looking bunch!  Sad I wasn't able to make it...

        Thanks for sharing, Terry.
        -Todd