Site News: Expect more visitors this month

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 2:48 AM
      Site News: Expect more visitors this month
      http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2012/05/01/13642.php

      As we approach the end of the diary there's a chance this site will attract some publicity. I'm not going out of my way to get lots of coverage, but then I didn't when the site started and there was quite a bit! I mention this because if there is publicity then we will have many more visitors to our friendly part of the web.

      If this happens there might be more annotations, more often-answered questions asked, more off-topic chatter... After all this time it *might* feel like our little home is suddenly swamped with strangers. I'm sure you'll all be helpful where appropriate -- this is more a warning that we might feel a bit overwhelmed by interlopers.

      Hopefully, it'll all be fine and there'll be nothing to worry about, but I didn't want any regulars -- whether frequent annotators or long-time lurkers -- to be surprised and annoyed by a rush of people who haven't been following Sam's journey for months or years. Be patient, and remember it's their loss that they've only just arrived!