Site News: Planning for 26th May in London

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14 10:50 AM
      Planning for 26th May in London

      As mentioned late last year[1] we are planning to round off our journey through the diary with a small celebration in London on Saturday 26th May 2012. It’s only a couple of months away, so I’d like to get some idea of how many people will be coming.

      So, if you’re planning on being around on that day, please do email me <phil@...> and let me know how many of you there are.

      My vague plans so far are for a walk around the City area of London for probably a couple of hours in the afternoon, followed by dinner somewhere in the early evening. These plans might change, but we’ll definitely be doing something on that day — I’ll confirm plans when I get a better idea of roughly how many people will be there.

      I’m going to see if there’s anyone who could do a good guided Pepys walk (let me know if you have ideas) or, if I do a bit of preparation[2], we could probably manage our own! If I go for the former option there may be a small charge involved to pay the guide.

      Anyway, let me know if you’re coming!

      (If you have questions about what happens on this site after the end of the diaryplease see this post[3])

    • gillianbagwell
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15 8:27 AM
        Hi,

        Wish I could be there for the May 26 gathering. Ken Titmuss gives walks of London using old maps. I don't know but expect he could do a Pepys-era walk. Here's the link to his blog. He tweets as @oldmapman.
        http://londontrails.wordpress.com/

        Gillian Bagwell