RE: [pepys diary] Re: King Char les II 'wa nted' post er fetches £33,000

  • Eric Mills
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2012
      The web-link (that works) is:  http://theroyalmiracle.blogspot.com/  (small but understandable typo)
      I'm currently exploring it - seems OK to me ... I like it, Gillian.

      In friendship,
      Eric

      To: pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com
      From: nellgwynn54@...
      Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 15:37:35 +0000
      Subject: [pepysdiary] Re: King Charles II 'wanted' poster fetches £33,000

      I just wish it was going to a Charles-related place rather than to Cromwell's house! Charles's escape is such an amazing story.

      Forgive the plug, but my novel "The September Queen" tells the story of Charles's odyssey trying to get to safety in France after Worcester - and specifically the story of Jane Lane, who helped him escape by disgusing him as her servant. It'll be released in the U.K. in July under the title "The King's Mistress" (not my choice!) In the run-up to the U.S. release in November I was blogging the daily events in the six weeks between the battle and when he finally set sail for France. www.theroyalmiracle.blogspost.com.

    • gillianbagwell
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10, 2012
        Thanks, Eric, silly of me. Yes, correct URL is:

        www.theroyalmiracle.blogspot.com