Re: King Charles II 'wanted' poster fetches £33,000

  • gillianbagwell
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2012
      I just wish it was going to a Charles-related place rather than to Cromwell's house! Charles's escape is such an amazing story.

      Forgive the plug, but my novel "The September Queen" tells the story of Charles's odyssey trying to get to safety in France after Worcester - and specifically the story of Jane Lane, who helped him escape by disgusing him as her servant. It'll be released in the U.K. in July under the title "The King's Mistress" (not my choice!) In the run-up to the U.S. release in November I was blogging the daily events in the six weeks between the battle and when he finally set sail for France. www.theroyalmiracle.blogspost.com.
    • Eric Mills
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2012
        The web-link (that works) is:  http://theroyalmiracle.blogspot.com/  (small but understandable typo)
        I'm currently exploring it - seems OK to me ... I like it, Gillian.

        In friendship,
        Eric

        To: pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com
        From: nellgwynn54@...
        Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 15:37:35 +0000
        Subject: [pepysdiary] Re: King Charles II 'wanted' poster fetches £33,000

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 10, 2012
          Thanks, Eric, silly of me. Yes, correct URL is:

          www.theroyalmiracle.blogspot.com