Re: [pepysdiary] Site News: Letters between Pepys and Evelyn on the site

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13, 2012
      It works and has worked fine for me, too, from Murray. Kentucky, US.

      Terry

      On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

      It's working fine for me Eric, today and yesterday - maybe it's a problem at your end?

      Phil

      On 12 Feb, 2012, at 22:10, Eric Mills wrote:

      Hello Phil,

      You've probably already found out that the
      http://www.romanbritain.freeserve.co.uk/Pepyseve.htm link has been taken over by 'snog.com' - interesting but a bit too modern for me.

      In friendship,
      Eric.

      > To: pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com
      > From: lists@...
      > Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 14:36:23 +0000
      > Subject: Re: [pepysdiary] Site News: Letters between Pepys and Evelyn on the site
      >
      > I forgot the link to the section of the site, although I'm sure you'd have managed to find it! http://www.pepysdiary.com/letters/
      >

      > On 10 Feb, 2012, at 14:17, Phil Gyford wrote:
      >
      > > Letters between Pepys and Evelyn on the site
      > > http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2012/02/10/13340.php
      > >
      > > I’ve just added a new section to the site, for letters to and from Samuel Pepys. It currently lists a selection of letters between Pepys and the era’s other major diarist, John Evelyn.
      > >
      > > These letters, along with their footnotes, are taken from Guy de la Bédoyère’s website <http://www.romanbritain.freeserve.co.uk/Pepyseve.htm> with his kind permission. That site has been linked to at relevant points during the diary, but it seems a good idea to have them all on this site too, with links to all the Encyclopedia references.
      > >
      > > We also have quite a few letters that were exchanged between Pepys and various correspondents from later years, but they won’t appear here until after the diary ends, to avoid spoilers.
      > >

      > > --
      > > Phil Gyford
      > > http://www.gyford.com/

      > http://www.gyford.com/

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > pepysdiary-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > pepysdiary-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Eric Mills
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2012
        Hello Phil,
        Yes the link is working for me too ... perhaps it was a pre-valentine day advert that temporarily took over my machine (Joke).

        In friendship,
        Eric.

        Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery,
        Today is a Gift - which is why it is called the Present.
        To: pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com

        From: lists@...
        Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 19:11:04 +0000
        Subject: Re: [pepysdiary] Site News: Letters between Pepys and Evelyn on the site