Re: [pepysdiary] Site News: Letters between Pepys and Evelyn on the site

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 10, 2012
      I forgot the link to the section of the site, although I'm sure you'd have managed to find it! http://www.pepysdiary.com/letters/

      On 10 Feb, 2012, at 14:17, Phil Gyford wrote:

      > Letters between Pepys and Evelyn on the site
      > http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2012/02/10/13340.php
      >
      > I’ve just added a new section to the site, for letters to and from Samuel Pepys. It currently lists a selection of letters between Pepys and the era’s other major diarist, John Evelyn.
      >
      > These letters, along with their footnotes, are taken from Guy de la Bédoyère’s website <http://www.romanbritain.freeserve.co.uk/Pepyseve.htm> with his kind permission. That site has been linked to at relevant points during the diary, but it seems a good idea to have them all on this site too, with links to all the Encyclopedia references.
      >
      > We also have quite a few letters that were exchanged between Pepys and various correspondents from later years, but they won’t appear here until after the diary ends, to avoid spoilers.

      > http://www.gyford.com/

    • Eric Mills
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2012
        Hello Phil,

        You've probably already found out that the
        http://www.romanbritain.freeserve.co.uk/Pepyseve.htm link has been taken over by 'snog.com' - interesting but a bit too modern for me.

        In friendship,
        Eric.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13, 2012
          It's working fine for me Eric, today and yesterday - maybe it's a problem at your end?

          Phil

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 13, 2012
            It works and has worked fine for me, too, from Murray. Kentucky, US.

            Terry

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 14, 2012
              Hello Phil,
              Yes the link is working for me too ... perhaps it was a pre-valentine day advert that temporarily took over my machine (Joke).

              In friendship,
              Eric.

              Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery,
              Today is a Gift - which is why it is called the Present.
              To: pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com

              From: lists@...
              Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 19:11:04 +0000
              Subject: Re: [pepysdiary] Site News: Letters between Pepys and Evelyn on the site