Upgraded software - let me know if you find problems

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 23, 2006
      Hi,

      I've just upgraded Movable Type, the software that Pepys Diary is run
      on. I think it's all gone smoothly (certainly much more smoothly than
      I was expecting!) but if you notice anything more odd than usual,
      don't hesitate to let me know.

      Ta,

      tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
      aim: philgyford
    • mfrassociates@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 23, 2006
        Phil,

        Have just been trying  to post to the August 23 1663 entry. Annotation will preview but on attempting to post get the screen:-

        "An Error Occurred -- *No such entry 6695*"

        Was working fine an hour before.

        Best,

        Michael Robinson

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 23, 2006
          Ah yes - there was a problem that caused the next week's worth of
          entries to be published. I removed those and then the entry for
          August 23rd published.

          I removed all those, but it looks like the web pages were still on
          the server - so you were posting an annotation that shouldn't have
          been visible yet!

          Sorry for the confusion - I've now removed those web pages, so I'm
          afraid you'll have to wait a few hours before you can post an
          annotation on today's entry.

          Phil

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 24, 2006
              Hi Phil,

              No entry posted for August 24, as of whatever time it is in the world right now.

              Thanks always,
              Pauline

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 24, 2006
                At 19:54 -0700 2006-08-24, Pauline Benson wrote:
                >Hi Phil,
                >
                >No entry posted for August 24, as of whatever time it is in the
                >world right now.

                Sorry about that - my fault. It's there now and the next entries
                should appear at the correct time.

                tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
                aim: philgyford