Re: [pepysdiary] Site News: Recent Activity page out of action again

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2012
      Thank you Phil, for everything you do!

      On 3 February 2012 01:20, Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

      Site News: Recent Activity page out of action again
      http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2012/02/02/13274.php

      I'm afraid I've had to stop the Recent Activity <http://www.pepysdiary.com/recent/> page from updating again. The database queries that make these listings are very slow and they're holding up other features of the site, such as posting annotations.

      I've tried various alternative methods of making these lists but seem to keep coming up against the fact that the database is a bit low-powered to perform actions with the number of annotations we've accumulated plus the many spam annotations that get caught. So I'm looking into moving the database to a more powerful server and will hopefully have things up and running again before too long.

      Thanks for your patience!

      Kind regards,

      Susan Thomas

      Emphron Informatics
      Level 3 88 Jephson St
      TOOWONG
      QLD 4066

      Office: +61 7 3503 1765
      Mobile: 0411 094 688
      Fax: +61 7 3318 7677

      Legal Notice: This electronic mail and its attachments are intended solely for the person(s) to whom they are addressed and contain information, which is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure, except for the purpose for which they are intended. Dissemination, distribution, or reproduction by anyone other than the intended recipients is prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and return the electronic mail and its attachments and destroy any copies, which may be in your possession. By reading this communication, the recipient(s) have accepted that it is confidential and NOT subject to any form of public disclosure. Nothing in this communication is intended to operate as an electronic signature under applicable law. The company screens electronic mails for viruses but does not warrant that this electronic mail is free of any viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this electronic mail.