Re: [pepysdiary] Background Info editors

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 22, 2006
      Makes sense. Thanks!

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 22, 2006
        I'm with Todd, but am retired, though like others in this category,
        busy with other.commitments.

        There are indeed broken links (reorganized and deleted
        websites/pages) that can, in many cases be fixed.

        Monitoring a clutch of them seems realistic.

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 22, 2006
          ** Low Priority **

          Could I do Religion? And Food? have great personal (and professional) interest in both.....
          Susan

          >>> terry.foreman@... 23/08/2006 5:07 am >>>

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 22, 2006
            Okay, Susan, you can't just say that without telling us more ... dish, dish! :^)

          • Pauline Benson
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 22, 2006
              Hi Phil,

              This is a good idea! Reasonable too.

              I would especially support an editing that retained to-the-point
              annotations along with any compilation or "digest" done by the
              editors. There is some background information that we have frequently
              referred to as events unfolded---such as Uncle Robert and his will,
              Lady Castlemain, and the Sir Wms---that will need to be handled
              carefully so as to remain the familiar groundings for reading with
              understanding that they have become.

              I'm interested in taking responsibility for a page or three.

              Thanks for it all,
              Pauline