Re: [pepysdiary] Site problems fixed

  • Charles Reiss
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 11, 2011
      Understood, thanks.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 11 Jul 2011, at 13:33, langwidge@... wrote:

      I understand.

      Thank you,

      Christine

      From: "Phil Gyford" <lists@...>
      To: pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 8:09:55 AM
      Subject: Re: [pepysdiary] Site problems fixed

      Hi,

      As I said, I will think about it, but I'm understandably wary after what will be nearly ten years of the project! I won't be deciding anything until late next year.

      Phil

      On 11 Jul, 2011, at 12:59, langwidge@... wrote:

      Phil,

      please please restart the diary from the beginning.

      Christine in Baltimore, MD

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 11, 2011
        Hi Phil - I absolutely understand that you might be in need of a rest! I was only thinking of some kind of automatic repeat-roll-around which would blip up every day but require no further input. Alas, I don't have the technical know-how nor do I know anyone who does.

        No need for a reply to this email. With thanks anyway and best wishes - Charles.

        On 11 July 2011 11:57, Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

        Hi Charles,

        The brief answer is "I don't know". I'll be looking forward to having a break from Pepys for a bit so I don't want to commit to anything other than keeping the site around as it is.

        I might set something up that will let people follow it day-by-day easily, without any subsequent work required on my part, but if so it wouldn't make sense for that to start until the next New Year (ie, the end of 2012 / start of 2013). We'll see.

        It would be possible for someone else with the technical know-how to do something like this, as I've made much of the site's data available: http://www.pepysdiary.com/export/json/README.html  but I don't think anyone has done anything with it yet.

        Cheers,
        Phil